Obama, McCain roast each other

At the annual Alfred E. Smith Memorial Foundation dinner, Barack Obama and John McCain took some time out from a bitter, divisive campaign to make some comedic remarks - both self-deprecating and opponent-deprecating. You've gotta watch these videos. For anyone who's weary of the tenor of these campaigns, it's an absolute breath of fresh air.

McCain, part one
McCain, part two
Obama, part one
Obama, part two

I will say that if the election was based on comedic delivery, it'd be a solid McCain win. I also thought his serious comments at the end were more heartfelt than Obama's. Barack had a few good ones, too, though. Check it out! :)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Obama: "The man who chose my middle name obviously never thought I'd be running for president." LOL!

Frank Staheli said...

I am so sick of hearing about Joe the Plumber. I'll admit that the Hillary thing wanting McCain to win was pretty funny, in the sense that it's totally true.

If our economic and moral situation weren't so dire, I might find more humor in the fact that two doleful presidential candidates can find time at to waste talking further about non-issues.

Unknown said...

Come on, Frank. It was a charity fundraiser. Long-standing presidential election tradition. Lighten up! :)

"After God created the world, He made man and woman. Then, to keep the whole thing from collapsing, He invented humor." - Bill Kelly

Stephanie said...

Oh, I don't know if I should watch this. It was on FOX NEWS!

Stephanie said...

That was pretty good. I thought that McCain was funnier, but Obama got better toward the end. My favorite line of Obama's was something like, "I've heard that the more I talk about the economy, the more McCain will lose, so tonight I would like to talk about the economy".

I suppose that if THEY can have a sense of humor about all of this, I can find one, too. :)

Aileena said...

funny, funny stuff - I'm actually quite glad that they found time and energy to do this - it is a testiment to our democratic system. And quite a breath of freash air.

Anonymous said...

Pretty good! McCain seems like a natural.

Both candidates got roasted, but now that Colin Powell has endorsed Obama, McCain's the one who is cooked.

--David

Anonymous said...

That was really funny! I am glad to see humor among this election that can be so full of anger and arguing. Humor is universal! If you can't have a good laugh at Republicans and Democrats no matter what your political party, then you need a vacation!